Annual General Meeting
GVMHA ~ Annual General Meeting
Thursday, August 6th ~ 6:30pm
Kal Tire Place North parking lot
RSVP to email@example.com - list of attendee’s will be created due to COVID-19
1 Person per family can attend
Loonie required for your Membership fee
Bring your lawn chair (umbrella if needed)
The Agenda will include Association business, along with the elections for the following 6 Executive positions listed below.
NOMINATIONS WILL NOT BE TAKEN FROM THE FLOOR. If you would like to join the GVMHA Executive, and have an interest in any of the positions below ~ contact President, Kara Blazek at firstname.lastname@example.org
1st VP - 2 year term
3rd VP - 2 year term
Secretary / Treasurer - 2 year term
Risk Manager - 2 year term
Development Manager - 2 year term
Director at Large - 1 year term
Responsibilities of the 1st Vice President
The 1st Vice President shall provide the following to the membership of GVMHA:
- chairs meetings in the President’s absence
- serves as an alternate in attendance at various hockey oriented regulatory, league and resource groups
- acts as Appeal Committee Chair
- oversees GVMHA fundraising
- oversees Administrator position
Responsibilities of the 3rd Vice President (Peewee, Bantam, and Midget Divisions)
- recruit volunteers for the positions of Division Managers
- with the assistance of the Division Managers, recruit and organize volunteers to assist in the evaluation procedures, meet with the volunteers to review evaluation criteria and process
- with the assistance of the Division Managers and Director of Hockey Operations, assist in the selection of coaches, and assistant coaches.
- oversee the player evaluation/selection process, team composition.
- assists in coordinating the distribution and collection of equipment and jerseys to the coaches
- ensure that the Division’s players/parents concerns are brought to the attention of the Executive. Represent the interests of the Divisions at Executive meetings
- provide Year End Report for AGM
- ensure coaches enforce codes of conduct
Responsibilities of the Secretary/Treasurer
- records the minutes of all meetings and circulates them to all Executive members and to the GVMHA file
- maintains files with all previous pertinent data
- attends all Executive meetings
- has charge of all Executive records
- maintains and updates the Greater Vernon Minor Hockey Association Minor Hockey Policy and Procedure Manual as required
- oversee duties of the Accountant
- Approves payment of invoices submitted to GVMHA and any claims submitted by association members for reimbursement of expenses.
- Must notify the president of any budgetary concerns that may affect the operations of the association, or affect the outcome of a balanced budget.
- performs such other duties as designated by the President
Responsibilities of the Risk Manager
- the Risk Manager is responsible for identifying the risk of bodily injury or related risks to the Association, measuring the risks, and sorting those that are significant from those that are not and seeking out the ways and means of eliminating the avoidable risks that could lead to bodily injury
- the Risk Manager shall familiarize and follow BC Hockey & Hockey Canada Risk Management Guidelines found on their websites
- Register for HCSP course as required
- Ensure all GVMHA teams have a HCSP by December 15th
- Keep the executive committee apprised of the latest safety information including but not limited to concussion prevention and base line testing.
- GVMHA recognizes that risk management does not rest with the Risk Manager alone, but rather is the responsibility of everyone involved both for on and off ice activities, from the Executive through the coaching staff, officials, parents and the players themselves. The activities of GVMHA will be governed by the contents of the BC Hockey Risk Management manual and the Risk Management Bulletins and Action Bulletins distributed by BC Hockey
Responsibilities of the Association Development Manager
- Develop and implement player recruitment strategy’s for GVMHA
- Identify opportunities for GVMHA players to participate in the improvement of standards or services within the community.
- Highlight and share activities of GVMHA members amongst the association and media as approved by the executive.
- Oversee GVMHA social media communications
Responsibilities of the Director at Large
- Oversee and work with each of the GVMHA Tournament Committee’s
- Viper 50-50 Coordinator
- Strategic Plan Implementation - Assist in the implementation of the 2018 GVMHA Strategic Plan and other related duties.